He Has Delivered (past tense) Us From the (assumed) Power of Darkness
Many are trying to get God TO DO what He has already DONE for us In Christ! Col. 1:13 was and is written to Christians, people who have believed on Jesus and received Him. Notice the tense that is being used. Does it say that we are still waiting for these things to happen? Does it say that when we receive Jesus we now have to look to Him ‘to deliver us’? No, it does not say that, but that is how many Christians see it. Many Christians are walking around ‘waiting’ for God to deliver them, when this passage says He ‘has’ delivered us. Notice verse 12, ‘…the Father who has qualified us…’ and verse 14, ‘in whom we have redemption.’ Is this telling you something God is ‘going to do’ for you, that you have to believe Him for and pray ‘to happen’, or is stating something that we already have?
Assumed power of darkness- satan is an usurper assuming power that is not his.
The first is to understand that the WAR IS OVER. It is FINISHED!
Hosea 4:6, KJV My people are DESTROYED (fail, are silent, cut off) for LACK of KNOWLEDGE (discernment, understanding; to ascertain by seeing)….
Matthew 28:18, NIV Then JESUS came to them and said, “ALL AUTHORITY in heaven AND on earth has been given to ME.”
Colossians 2:15, NIV …having DISARMED (“spoiled” – KJV) the powers and authorities, HE (Jesus) made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the CROSS.
The devil has NO REAL AUTHORITY; REMEMBER HE ASSUMED IT—Jesus STRIPPED him bare! Our Savior vanquished him at the Cross! satan is a defeated foe.
The word for “AUTHORITY” in Matthew 28:18 is exousia, and it means, “executive privilege, capacity, delegated influence; the liberty of doing as one pleases.” Don’t mistake me. If you do not know the Lord, the devil will chew you up and spit you out. But if you are a child of the living God, then “GREATER is He that is IN YOU, than he that is in the WORLD (1 Jn. 4:4 with Jn. 12:31; 2 Cor. 4:4)!
Ephesians 4:27, KJV Neither give PLACE (“no opportunity” – RSV; “a foothold” – NIV; “a loophole” – NEB) to the devil (“You must not give a devil a chance” – Goodspeed).
I John 3:8, KJV …For this PURPOSE the Son of God was manifested, that He might DESTROY (luo – loosen, undo, dismantle; do away with) the WORKS of the devil.
I stand back and shake my head when I hear born-again, Spirit-filled believers singing songs about going over to the “enemy’s camp.” There is NO enemy’s camp—Jesus “DESTROYED” and dismantled it! The devil has no “PLACE,” so why do ignorant preachers and people continually try to give him one?
The word for “PLACE” in Ephesians 4:27 is topos (English, “topography”), and it means, “a spot, location; figuratively, condition, opportunity, power, occasion for acting.” Let’s heed the wise words of the seasoned apostle. Stop binding demons that He already bound. Stop praying the problem; prophesy the answer!
Stop worrying about the enemy. He has to FIND you first! We are so high up in Christ that our adversary cannot find our “HIDING PLACE” (Psa. 32:7; 119:114). We are in the Secret Place of the Most High under the shadow of the Almighty! Hidden beneath His wings.
Ps. 91:1-2 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”
You have died, and your life is “HIDDEN with Christ in God” (Col. 3:3).
The strategy for this kind of living is simple. When you think that you hear the enemy knocking (in your thought life) , send Christ to the door! Let HIM fight your battles. He already has! AND WON!!
And Conveyed Us into the Kingdom of the Son of His Love
Notice the kingdom of God is the Kingdom of the Son of His love. Love conquers all.
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
1 Pet. 4:8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”
Ephesians 2:5 and Colossians 2:13 tells us that when He was quickened WE were quickened together WITH HIM. When He was made alive we were also made alive. Salvation was objectively secured for us over two thousand years ago. In order to EXPERIENCE this salvation subjectively, one simply acknowledges by faith that it IS an accomplished fact already. And all you do is accept that!
Col. 1:13 I have been delivered from the power of darkness and I have been translated into the kingdom of the God.
Col. 1:14 I have redemption through His blood.
Col. 1:14 I have the forgiveness of sins.
Col. 1:20 I am reconciled to God having made peace with Him.
Col. 2:3 I have all the treasuries of wisdom and knowledge.
Col. 3:3 I am made complete and perfect.
Col. 3:3 My life is hidden with Him in God.
Col. 1:14 in whom we have redemption [d]through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
1:14 In God’s mind mankind is associated in Christ; in his blood sacrifice we were ransomed; our redemption was secured; our sins were completely done away with. (The word sin, is the word hamartia, from ha, negative or without and meros, portion or form, thus to be without your allotted portion or without form, pointing to a disorientated, distorted, bankrupt identity; the word meros, is the stem of morphe, as in 2 Corinthians 3:18 the word metamorphe, with form, which is the opposite of hamartia – without form. Sin is to live out of context with the blueprint of one’s design; to behave out of tune with God’s original harmony. See Deuteronomy 32:18, “You have forgotten the Rock that begot you and have gotten out of step with the God who danced with you!” Hebrew, khul or kheel, to dance. Sin distorts the life of our design. Jesus reveals and redeemed our true form.) Mirror
1:14 In our eternal union with our Father Creator, we hold and possess the freedom from missing the mark – mistaken identity. RERichmond Tree of Life Bible
In Whom We have Redemption Through His Blood the Forgiveness of Sins
Says the same in: Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Greek aphesuis- meaning remission of sins. ( Remission is the doing away with, not just covering)
DOCTRINE OF POSITIONAL TRUTH (UNION WITH CHRIST)
Our union with Christ is not a mere external, legal union which brings about a change of our position before God, but it is also a spiritual union with Christ which is internal and vital. Christ not only works from without, being separate from us, but works spiritually from within. Our position in Christ is an external pronouncement, but the union extends beyond this to include an internal reality. He is in us and we are in Him.
According to Paul our spirit is joined with His Spirit (I Corinthians 6:17). It is an interpenetration of spirits. We not only stand positionally in His righteousness and grace, but we actually partake of it through our spiritual union with Him. Just as the vine gives all things necessary to life to the branches (John 15:1-6), so Christ is our source for of every spiritual blessing and eternal life.
Because of our union with Him we have the same life, united in such a way as if the same blood ran through both our veins. Our spiritual life flows from His. Apart from our connection to Him we cannot bear spiritual fruit, nor can we have life. But by virtue of our spiritual connection with His person and work, whatever can be said of Christ can be said of us.
1 John 4:19 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment/crisis; because as He is, so are we in this world.
I am Accepted: a child of God, the friend of Christ, and one spirit with Him— John 1:12; 15:15; 1 Corinthians 6:17. The Father has declared me righteous in His sight, adopted me into His Family, given me direct access to Himself through the Person of Jesus Christ, redeemed my soul and forgiven my sins, and made me complete in His Son— Romans 5:1; Ephesians 2:18; Colossians 1:14 and 2:10.
100 LEGALITIES THAT I AM IN CHRIST
In Jesus Christ:
1. John 1:4 I have life and that life is the light of all men.
2. John 3:15-16 I have eternal life.
3. Rom. 3:24 I have been justified by faith.
4. Rom. 5:1 I have peace with God.
5. Rom. 5:8 I am loved of God.
6. Rom. 5:17 I have an abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness.
7. Rom. 6:17 I reign in life.
8. Rom. 6:4 I walk in newness of life.
9. Rom. 6:11 I reckon myself to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God.
10. Rom. 7:4 I bring forth fruits unto God.
11. Rom. 8:1 I have no condemnation.
12. Rom. 8:2 I have been made free from the law of sin and death.
13. Rom. 8:2 I live by the law of the Spirit of Christ
14. Rom. 8:16 I am a child of God.
15. Rom. 8:17 I am an heir of God.
16. Rom. 8:17 I am a joint heir of God.
17. Rom. 8:32 I freely receive all things from God.
18.Rom. 8:37 I am a more than conqueror.
19. Rom. 8:38-39 There is nothing that can separate me from the love of God.
20. 1 Cor. 1:2 I am sanctified.
21. 1 Cor. 1:5 I am enriched in all knowledge.
22. 1 Cor. 1:30 I have wisdom.
23. 1 Cor. 1:30 I have righteousness.
24. 1 Cor. 1:30 I have sanctification.
25. 1 Cor. 1:30 I have redemption
26. 1 Cor.15:20-22 I shall be resurrected, the same resurrection power that resided in Christ Jesus resides IN ME.
27. 1 Cor. 15:57 I have victory over death, hell and he grave.
28. 2 Cor. 1:20 All promises of God are yes and amen to me.
29. 2 Corinthians 1:21 I am established.
30. 2 Cor. 1:21 I am anointed.
31. 2 Cor. 2:14 I always triumph.
32. 2 Cor. 2:15 I am a sweet fragrance to God.
33. 2 Cor. 3:14 My mind is renewed and enlightened.
34. 2 Corinthians 5:17 I am new creation; old things have passed away; and all things have been made new.
35. 2 Cor. 5:18 I have the ministry of reconciliation.
36. 2 Cor. 5:20 I am an ambassador of God.
37. 2 Cor. 5:21 I am made the righteousness in God.
38. 2 Cor. 13:4 I live by the power of God.
39. Gal. 2:4 I have liberty.
40. Gal. 3:13 I have been redeemed us from the curse of the law.
41. Gal. 3:14 I have the blessings of Abraham.
42. Gal. 4:7 I am a son/daughter of God.
43. Gal. 5:6 I have faith which works by love.
44. Eph. 1:3 I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.
45. Eph. 1:4 I have been chosen before the foundation of the world.
46. Eph. 1:6 I am accepted of God.
47. Eph. 2:5 I have the life of God.
48. Eph. 2:6 I now sit together in the heavenly places.
49. Eph. 2:7 I have the exceeding riches of His grace I and His kindness.
50. Eph. 2:10 I am a His workmanship.
51. Eph. 2:10 I am created for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
52. Eph. 2:22 I am being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
53. Eph. 3:12 I have boldness and access with confidence before God.
54. Eph. 5:8 I am a shining light.
55. Eph. 6:10 I am strong in the power of His might.
56. Phil. 3:4 I have the high calling of God.
57. Phil. 4:6 I am anxious for nothing, I do not worry.
58. Phil 4:7 I have the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding.
59. Phil 4:7 I have the peace of God which guards my heart and mind.
60. Phil 4:13 I have strength.
61. Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
62. Phil 4:19. All my needs are met according to His riches in glory.
63. Colossians 1:13 I have been delivered from the power of darkness.
64. Col. 1:13 I have been translated into the kingdom of the God.
65. Col. 1:14 I have redemption through His blood.
66. Col. 1:14 I have the forgiveness of sins.
67. Col. 1:20 I am reconciled to God having made peace with Him.
68. Col. 2:3 I have all the treasuries of wisdom and knowledge.
69. Col. 3:3 I am made complete and perfect.
70. Col. 3:3 My life is hidden with Him in God.
71. 1 Tim. 1:4 I have abundant love.
72. 2 Tim. 2:10 I have obtained salvation with eternal glory.
73. Heb. 7:25 I am saved to the uttermost.
74. Heb.9:12 I have obtained eternal redemption.
75. Heb. 9:12 I have eternal inheritance.
76. Heb. 13:21 I am made perfect in every good work to do His will.
77. 1 Peter 1:3 I have abundant mercy from God.
78. 1 Peter 1:3 I have a lively hope.
79. 1 Pet. 1:8 I have joy inexpressible.
80. 1 Pet. 2:5 I am a holy priest of God.
81. 1 Pet. 5:10 I am settled.
82. 1 John 1:7 I have fellowship with all believers.
83. 1 John 2:27 I have received the anointing which teaches me all things.
84. 1 John 3:24 I have the Spirit of God.
85. 1 John 4:4 I have overcome the devil, the flesh, and the world.
86. 1 John 4:15 God dwells in me.
87. 1 John 4:16 I have the love that God.
88. 1 John 4:16 I have no fear in love.
89. 1 John 5:4 I have overcome the world.
90.1 John 5:4 I have victory.
91. 1 John 5:20 I have understanding.
92. 1 John 5:20 I know God.
93. Jude 1:24 I am kept from stumbling and falling away.
94. Jude 1: 24 I am sinless, faultless and perfect in His glorious presence.
95. Rev. 12:11 I have overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony.
96. 1 Sam. 2:26 I grow in favor with the Lord and with men.
97. Ps. 37:23 My steps are ordered by the Lord.
98. Ps. 91:10 The Lord keeps me from evil and from harm.
99. Ps. 103:2-3, Ps. 68:19, 2 Peter 2:24 I have been forgiven and He has healed all my diseases; by His stripes I was healed.
100. Ps. 107:20 I am healed and delivered from destruction.
This is not an all inclusive list.
We will continue with Les.1 next week.
The blessings of the Lord are upon you whether by blood, adoption/sonship or assignment. The blessing of the LORD makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it. Prov. 10:22
David & Mary Sue