FS Word of Power- June 9, 2021
Sometimes we forget. Sometimes we don´t realize. Today I feel an urgency to remind you- that If you have received Christ, if you are born again- then YOU are filled with HOLY SPIRIT! I can hear you say “YES”… but do you realize what that really means?
1 Corinthians 3:16 ESV ”Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit wells in you?” When believers say Jesus lives “in their heart,” little kids might picture a tiny Jesus inside them. Older people might think Jesus “living in them” is just a warm spiritual feeling.
But God “indwelling” us is more than that. The Bible sometimes says the “Spirit of Christ” lives inside believers (Romans 8:9). More often it says the “Spirit of God” (Romans 8:9) or just the “Holy Spirit” is in us (1 Corinthians 6:19). Those phrases all mean the same thing: when we believe, God establishes a relationship with us that’s so close that we become one with him. He’s in us, and we’re in him.
• The Holy Spirit makes us “alive with Christ” (Ephesians 2:5).
• The Holy Spirit resuscitates and regenerates us so that we can see and understand the things of God (John 3:3; 1 Corinthians 2:12).
• The Holy Spirit gives us ears to hear and respond to the call of the gospel (John 6:44), resulting in salvation and holiness.
• The Holy Spirit is our very own “caseworker” for adoption into God’s family as child
ren and heirs (Romans 8:15 – 16).
• Even before we hear the gospel, the Holy Spirit is working to empower the message (Romans 1:16) and the messenger (1 Corinthians 2:3 – 4).
Live in the Power of the Holy Spirit!
There is no secret formula that makes the Spirit’s power operational in our lives. Scripture tells us that the Spirit dwells and operates in us (1 Corinthians 6:19). We have to learn by experience through interaction with God to understand how that dynamic works.
God promised back in the Old Testament to send his Spirit to cause us to obey him (Ezekiel 36:27), and Jesus said the Spirit will come to comfort and teach us. Whenever you change and become more like Jesus, that’s a sign of the Spirit working in you (Galatians 5:22 – 23).
Do you realize that the same power- the same Spirit that created the whole Universe lives inside you? Take a moment and think about that! The key is to RELEASE the Spirit within you! And OBEY whatever the Holy Spirit wants you to do or say or prophecy!
It’s like sitting in a brand-new FERRARI- nothing happens until you hit the gas pedal! If we allow the Holy Spirit to use us- ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
Firestorm Ministries, Int’l.